May 30, 2014

I Miss Real Television Sitcoms

I was thinking about TV shows when I was a child/teen. Even though I was hypnotized by television, I was actually inspired by and learned from the shows I was allowed to view (catch that ALLOWED in your spirit parents). Anyway, TV actually inspired me to go to college; taught me how to use my imagination and creative faculties; it made me excited about growing up and becoming a responsible adult. Television made me want to go out into the world and live. It was like television was reaching into my home, encouraging me to go out and do greater things.

I'm not so sure about television now. It just seems like it produces this entitlement to fame and riches spirit in people. I don't know about you but I end up more depressed after watching most times. If I watch a show nowadays, I try to find that show that is the most fictitious and imaginative, or at least has good writing and character development. I miss the days of the family sitcom where they sometimes deal with real life issues and the live studio audience laughs or says "Awwww", then claps sympathetically because they relate to the character, (or because a producer told them to do so).

Anyway, I miss TV. Real TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment